jueves, 6 de noviembre de 2014

Belated Halloween post



It took me a few days to collect all the pictures from Friday´s Halloween celebrations,
which is always a double special ocassion for me, as The Gentle One and I
celebrate our anniversary at midnight.
Yes, what a cliché, right?
A gothic couple celebrating their romantic relationship on All Hallows Eve...
Well, all I can say in our defense is we ACTUALLY started dating that night, so we consider it as an amusing coincidence (although all our non-gothy friends roll eyes when the subject is brought into conversation and can hardly believe on our innocence).




Anyway, this year we had planned a quiet romantic dinner at our favourite restaurant,
but a goth party at the local absinthe salon popped out last minute, and we thought it could be a funny and nice way to spend the rest of the night.
So there we went!
Lots of our favourite songs playing and quite a lot of absinthe too led us to properly enjoy the festivity. I would love to provide a more detailed record of the playlist, but I am afraid I was too busy giving myself up to The Green Fairy.
I am sure you will excuse me this time!

 Here you go, the crime evidence of the night...

It was such a wonderful soiree, flooded by laugh, music and love.
And on the top of that, The Green Fairy decided I was a good worshipper and exempted me from any unpleasant fees the next morning.
Sometimes I am too lucky.

So tell me darlings, how was your Halloween?



8 comentarios:

  1. I think it's precious that you two have your anniversary on halloween at midnight. :) But I'm a sucker for gothic romances anyway so I guess it doesn't count. The pictures look lovely, warm and inviting.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, thank you. Of course we think it is kind of cute that we started dating on Samhain, but we know it sounds weird to conventional people, haha.

      Eliminar
  2. It's great that you guys actually still have Absinthe saloons! Absinthe has been outlawed in Sweden for decades. It looks like a lovely party - and Happy Anniversary!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I had no idea absinthe was illegal in Sweden. Well, I suppose many East-European countries do have a strong absinthe tradition, so they try to keep it alive. I find it quite interesting since we don´t have any local absinthe shops in my homeland. For me it was really shocking to visit the place for the first time and finding out there were so many different varieties.

      Oh, and thank you so much for the good wishes!

      Eliminar
  3. You two make a lovely couple! It is good that you always have parties thrown for you on your anniversary! Saves a lot of effort!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It does, indeed. Nevertheless, we had no goth or Halloween parties thrown in Spain, so we used to celebrate our own party for friends and so on :)

      Eliminar
  4. Yay, absinthe! And so professionally served :)
    I haven't been to a Halloween party YET, because the one I always go to takes place at the beginning of November, in my horse riding club - it will be tomorrow :) And guess what - my BF and I started dating on that night, so it's our anniversary party too :D it's a pity it was not on actual Halloween...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, I love the fact your anniversary is in Halloween too!
      Also, I find very interesting you are a member from a riding club. May I assume you are a rider?

      Eliminar