martes, 7 de junio de 2016

Is that you, June?






This was supposed to be the first (summery) June week, a long-time awaited period of warm sunny days I expected to be full with pleasant walks, picnics and some delightful swimming. But of course June had its own plans.If you thought this post was about all of those beautiful things, I am sorry to disappoint you please, feel free to blame that son of a biscuit. 







As a matter of fact, the weather has been kind of dull on my days off, just to improve slightly during business days (is there anything more annoying than looking at a lovely day through the office window? I don´t think so...), which means I spent most of the actual 'playing under sunlight' opportunities indoors, while picnic plans had to be cancelled on rainy spare days last week. Yeah. My week was THAT GOOD. So, this is a little account of the plans I was supposed to be enjoying, versus the ones I ended with.  

 So far this week, I wanted to...


  • Go for a picnic in the park with The Gentle One.

  •  Wear  all the sundresses in my wardrobe.

  •  Find a bloomy field to take photos in.
  •  
  • Read a good book outdoors.

  • Sit on a bar terrace and drink prosecco.






However, and due to the wonderful month behaviour so far I...


 ✅  Cancelled picnic and went to the groceries.


✅  Wore cardigans over normal dresses.


✅  Found my way to a lukewarm bath and skin pampering after a stressful day at work.


✅ Spent grey sleepy evenings reading indoors.


✅  Got that Prosseco glass (although it started raining and had to run away from the terrace).



 OK, so at least I managed to do cross one of the items on my apparently too ambitious seasonal wishlist, which is not 'that' bad, all things considered. Fine, indeed I think it is too bad, but I have been feeling quite upset about it for the whole week, and it is enough of that. Maybe next will be better, and if not, well... I have plenty of books and bath bombs left to survive.

So tell me darlings, how was your week?






2 comentarios:

  1. This week there gave been crazy storms in our state! People lost roofs, waves chewed at beachside homes! Luckily we were fine!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am so sorry to hear about that, Laura! That´s definitely a bad start for June. I can only wish it goes better from now on. Lots of hugs!

      Eliminar